Nintendo is Successful Again

Kinleigh Moore, Reporter

Mario Kart Tour Race has climbed the charts. It is the #1 app in racing in games. It’s a free Nintendo app to download for ages 4+. There are over 1 million reviews with a 5 star rating, and over 10 million downloads on mobile devices. People everywhere love it. 

Senior Dion Davis at Hillcrest High School said,  ̈ It’s fun. Sometimes it’s kind of sketchy because I will get 1st place  but not get 5 stars, but its still really fun.¨ 

Junior Trevor Goodman from Hillcrest Highschool said, ̈The game is fun and brings back good memories from playing Mario Kart on the Wii as a child.¨

This is not the first time Nintendo has made an app that has made the charts and took the attention of everyone. Super Mario Run 2016  surpassed 25 million worldwide downloads in its four-day opening weekend. They hit the 25 million installs milestone faster than any other prior mobile game.

Mario Kart Tour has already surpassed 10.1 million downloads worldwide. This app has done better in its first day than both Pokémon Go or Clash Royale. This is Nintendo’s 6th mobile game, but by far the publishers biggest launch. Mario Kart is the most successful and thriving franchise, plus its super fun to play with friends as well.

Mario and friends go global in this new Mario Kart app. They race around courses inspired by real-world cities in addition to the classic Mario Kart courses. These destinations will be rotated every two weeks. This is the 6th game in the series of Mario Kart.